When crunchy cravings strike, chips are the first snack you reach for. But several scoops from the bag and you know you have to stop—all that salt and fat…and guilt! Comfort food shouldn’t cause discomfort, so bake a batch of these healthier crisps to satisfy munchies mindfully. Made with thin slices of colorful beets, they’re not only fun to pop in your mouth, they’re loaded with healthy antioxidants, fiber and nourishing nutrients. Pass the dip, please!
Oven-Baked Rainbow Beet Chips
2 pounds beets, color of choice
2 tsp. vegetable seasoning
1-1/2 Tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a mandolin or knife to slice beets into 1/8″-inch thick rounds.
- In large bowl, toss beets with oil and vegetable seasoning.
- Arrange beets on baking sheet, spread out evenly, then cover with another baking sheet to sandwich slices between the two pans.
- Bake chips for 20 minutes or until beets have softened and released their juices.
- Remove top baking sheet and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
- Sprinkle chips with sea salt and let cool for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm with your favorite dip.