Say hello to your new favorite comfort food. One taste of this casserole will have you saying, “Mac ‘n’ cheese, who?” Not only is this dish warm and savory — perfect for the chillier months — but its blend of gorgonzola and parmesan gives it a sharper and more distinct flavor than cheesy creations cooked with common cheddar or Colby Jack. The best part? It’s easy to prepare and will likely be a hit with your whole family.
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Corn Grits Polenta
2 cups milk
1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
1 cup grated parmesan, divided in half
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cups water
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Sea Salt
1 cup green onion, chopped
1-1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
4 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat 9”x13” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium pot, mix together polenta, milk, water, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often. When mixture starts to become creamy, remove from heat.
- In small pan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add yellow onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked onions and all remaining ingredients (except 1/2 cup parmesan) to medium pot with polenta. Mix completely and transfer to baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Pour remaining parmesan across top of casserole and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove and cool for 15 minutes.