Crunchy is not how you’d typically describe frozen yogurt. Yet, somehow, the two pair nicely in this cobbler-inspired recipe. Characteristic of a good fruit pie, you’ll bite into pieces of flaky crust with each spoonful. Plus, choosing frozen peaches over fresh delivers a thick, creamy texture that makes this fro-yo taste more like real-deal ice cream. Tricking those taste buds feels so peachy keen, doesn’t it?
1 Vanilla Almond Crunch Quest Bar
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup frozen peaches
1 cup pecans, chopped
¾ cup water
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
40-50 drops stevia or liquid sweetener of your choice
- Microwave the Quest bar for 8 seconds. Flatten as much as possible on a silicone baking sheet or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake Quest bar “dough” on 350°F for 8 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into small pieces. Leave a few aside for topping.
- In a blender, add Quest bar pieces, yogurt, vanilla and stevia. Taste as you go. Once nice and smooth, add frozen peaches, water and protein powder and blend until very smooth.
- Place mixture into an ice cream maker and mix until ice cream consistency forms.
- Top with pecans, more peaches and extra Quest bar pieces.
Note: The ice cream maker is optional. If the mixture isn’t firm enough from the blender, add some ice cubes and blend until thickened.
If you’re hungry for more, download our sweet and healthy desserts recipe e-book.