We bet you’ve never eaten noodles quite like this before! Made out of organic edamame and mung beans, this pasta dish is loaded with plant-based protein from non-GMO beans and dairy-free, veggie-based sauce. Homemade sauces are the best alternative to overly processed store-bought options, which often contain dairy.
This twist on traditional Alfredo sauce uses one head of fresh white cauliflower, which is roasted, combined with spices and blended into a healthy, creamy dressing. But be forewarned, just one bite of this gluten-free meal will change your previous perspective on pasta.
1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine
8-oz. dairy-free cream cheese
4 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In bowl, toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- In high-speed blender or food processor, combine roasted cauliflower, dairy-free cream cheese, paprika, garlic and vegetable broth. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer sauce to a pot and warm on stove.
- Prepare fettuccine per directions on box.
- Combine sauce and fettuccine; gently toss to coat.
- To serve, plate pasta, garnish with fresh parsley and sprinkle smoked paprika on top.
For more tasty recipes by Cindy Gordon, visit her site Vegetarian Mamma.