Tis the season for red and green, but adding purple to the mix makes an especially festive dish when you’re cooking up cabbage. A cruciferous rainbow of color, these roasted strips are seasoned with sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds for subtle Asian flavor. Broil them a little longer for crispier crunch!
Roasted Rainbow Cabbage
½ cup purple cabbage, cut into ¼” strips
½ cup green cabbage, cut into ¼” strips
½ cup red cabbage, cut into ¼” strips
1-2 Tbsp. sesame oil
¼ cup unsweetened, salt-free rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Freshly ground rainbow peppercorns, to taste
Juice of lime
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine cabbage strips with sesame oil, rice vinegar, pepper and lime; coat cabbage strips well.
- Arrange strips on baking sheet or broiling pan lined with foil.
- Bake cabbage strips for 30 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- To toast sesame seeds, place in small fry pan over low heat and warm gently until toasted aroma occurs. Sprinkle seeds over cabbage.