As the largest organ in your body, your skin’s health and appearance is important not only to your confidence, but also to your overall well-being. So how can you get (and keep) that healthy glow that gets the compliments rolling in? Here are six quick tips to consider:
1. Cleanse/Exfoliate. Throughout the day, your skin can come in contact with all kinds of “icky” things, such as dirt, oil and bacteria. It’s important to cleanse at least once a day to rid your skin of harmful elements. Once a week, consider exfoliating with an invigorating scrub, to drive off dead, dull skin cells and reveal the freshest, healthiest layer of skin.
2. Protect. The sun may give you a temporary glow, but it can also wreak havoc on your skin, so make sure to protect it with a sunscreen of SPF-enriched moisturizer before stepping outside.
3. Minimal Makeup. More is not always better. To help your skin remain radiant, don’t cake on your makeup. A light application of moisturizer, followed by foundation and a touch of blush can give you a fresh, natural look, without clogging your pores and introducing a ton of potentially harmful chemicals (including parabens, which are found in many makeup products).
4. Eat Right. A healthy glow starts from within. Getting the right amounts of crucial nutrients, such as vitamins and antioxidants, as well as liquids, can keep your skin looking healthy and hydrated and help protect it from future damage.
5. Get Your Zzz’s. Banish those under eye bags “”getting a good amount of sleep can give your skin time to recover from daily stress.
6. Exercise. Cardio exercise can increase blood flow to every part of your body, awakening your face and giving it a fresh, dazzling glow. So get going”¦ and get glowing!