Want to eat your way to exceptionally gorgeous hair? Check out these six nutritious foods, packed with nutrients to support healthy hair and scalp!
- Salmon: This pink-hued fish is packed with omega-3 essential fatty acids to keep hair and scalp hydrated. Salmon is also a good source of vitamin B-12 and iron, two nutrients that can support strong, healthy hair that grows normally.
- Broccoli: Want shinier hair? Eat your broccoli. Green veggies such as broccoli and spinach are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, nutrients your body needs to produce the natural oils that help maintain hair’s soft texture and brilliant shine.
- Eggs: Keep hair vibrant and strong with plenty of B-vitamins and protein, which can be found in eggs. Vitamins B-6, B-7 (also known as biotin) and B-12 are especially vital to help nourish, protect and strengthen hair follicles.
- Whole Grains: Whole-grain cereals, breads and pastas provide the body with zinc, an essential antioxidant mineral that supports, protects, strengthens and conditions the hair and scalp. Because your body doesn’t store zinc, it’s important to include these food sources in your daily diet.
- Kidney Beans: Give your hair the combined nourishment of iron and protein by eating kidney beans. They also contain biotin and zinc, two hair-helping nutrients.
- Turkey: Turkey meat is rich in selenium, an important mineral that may help support healthy scalp and provide antioxidant protection for cells throughout the body.