A snack is just a snack, unless you take the time to slice, dice and spice that mini-meal into something that not only satisfies hunger but actually makes your taste buds rejoice. Whether a fiesta’s in the works or your palate needs a pick-me-up on an ordinary day, this homemade mango salsa will get the party started. Skip the deep-fried chips and dunk in a healthier homemade version, made from baked corn tortillas seasoned with chili powder and lime.
Spicy Mango Salsa With Baked Chili-Lime Tortilla Chips
Chips – 5 minutes
Salsa – 5 minutes
Chips – 12 minutes
Spicy Mango Salsa
Juice of 1 lime
2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and finely diced
1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
1 small organic dried habañero pepper, stemmed and seeded
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1/8 tsp. sea salt
- To make salsa, soak habañero pepper in hot water for 15 minutes to soften, then mince.
- In medium-sized bowl, combine pepper with tomato, onion and mango. Add cilantro, salt and lime juice, and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate salsa until ready to serve.
- To make chips, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- In small bowl, combine chili powder and lime juice; brush mixture on wedges.
- Bake chips for 12 minutes or until golden, flipping half way through.
- Sprinkle chips with salt and let cool before serving.