Want to steal the dessert table spotlight at your next party or potluck? Common, boring cookies, like chocolate chip or oatmeal, won’t wow your guests. Instead, try these Thumbprint Cookies to steal the show. Soft, buttery cookies are filled with a sweet strawberry jam for a stellar treat sure to receive a standing ovation.
Thumbprint Cookies with Strawberry Jam
Makes 24 cookies
1-¾ cups Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling
¾ cup butter (1-½ sticks), softened
1/3 cup strawberry jam
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients. First, beat together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and whisk together. Gradually pour in dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Scoop out a 1-inch chunk and roll chunk in extra sugar and form into a ball. Place ball onto prepared sheet and press down with thumb to make a small crater in the center of the cookie. Fill the crater with about ½ teaspoon of jam. Repeat with the remainder of dough.
- Bake cookies for 15 to 17 minutes until golden brown.