Summer is a time for family trips, backyard parties and plenty of fun. But it’s no time to take a vacation from your health! Consider adding these six health-supporting supplements to your regimen this season.
1. Multivitamin: If your plan to eat perfectly this year hasn’t exactly played out, now is a good time to support your health and supplement your diet with a great multivitamin. Make a mid-year resolution to eat healthier, and add a high-quality multivitamin for extra support.
2. Vitamin D: When the temperatures heat up during the summer, we slather on sunscreen, stand in the shade or even stay indoors altogether. For these reasons, many of us are not getting enough sunshine, which our bodies convert to health-supporting vitamin D. Not sure if you need a supplement? Ask your doctor to check your vitamin D levels.
3. Whey Protein: If you’re trying to bulk up for beach season, whey protein may be able to help. Studies suggest that whey protein can support gains in lean body mass resulting from exercise. Plus, whey protein contains the perfect combination of overall amino acids in just the right concentrations for optimal performance.
4. Omega-3 EFAs: Just like multivitamins, omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs) are important year-round to support cardiovascular, cognitive and joint function.* Whether you’re getting them from flax seed or fish oil, omega-3s are a great summer catch.
5. Chia Seeds: Not only are chia seeds packed with fiber, protein and essential fatty acids, they are a great way to support healthy hydration in the hot summer months. Chia seeds absorb and retain moisture, which is why many athletes use them to promote endurance and hydration. Just add chia seeds to your favorite food, beverage or smoothie.
6. Probiotics: Summer is no time for stomach woes, especially if you’re traveling. Support healthy digestion by promoting your body’s balance of friendly bacteria with probiotics.* If you’re on the go this summer, you may want to look for a probiotic product that doesn’t require refrigeration.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.