Dieting isn’t easy. The hunger, loss of energy and brain fog that comes with following a strict nutrition program cause many people to fall off the wagon.
What if you could solve all of the problems that arise from dieting, or at least negate the unpleasant side effects? With smart supplementation, you can painlessly follow your diet without compromising your mood, social life or job (if you are having a really bad day). Enter the “Undiet Shake.” This specific blend of nutrients helps address each symptom that makes dieting painful.
To understand how the Undiet Shake works, let’s look closely at why all these nasty side effects arise.
- Increased hunger — Appetite spikes after a few days of being on a calorie-restricted diet. Part of this increase in hunger is due to low and fluctuating blood sugar levels.
- Reduced energy — Any time your body senses that it is being deprived, it will automatically work to conserve energy. The result is what many dieters refer to as “Gumby leg syndrome” and the “afternoon slump.”
- Brain fog — Your brain depends on a steady supply of glucose (the building block of carbohydrates) for fuel. If you reduce carbohydrate intake, your brain is forced to run on less fuel than it is used to. This can result in headaches, irritability and loss of focus.
- Reduced nutrient absorption (vitamins and minerals) — Another side effect of most diets is a deficiency of many important nutrients for general health, due to the reduced total food intake.
- Loss of muscle tissue — A certain percentage of all weight loss comes from lean muscle tissue. Because your lean muscle tissue provides support for your metabolism, you’ll want to hold on to as much as possible.
Now that we have an understanding of why these symptoms arise, we can address them with specifically timed and measured supplements.
- L-Glutamine Powder: This nonessential amino acid is the most abundant amino acid in the body. Glutamine is readily converted into L-glutamate, an amino acid involved in energy metabolism. It’s also a major transporter of nitrogen, and it’s an important precursor for protein synthesis.
- Greens Supplements/Fruit and Vegetable Blends: This is one of my favorite “greens” supplements. It supplies a nourishing superfood blend, including a goji berry and acai fruit infusion, and it tastes amazing! This addresses the typical lack of nutrient density of most diet programs and supplies much-needed antioxidants to help combat the effects of stress.
- MCT Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides) ““ MCT oil is a staple in my supplementation program. I add it to everything ““ skillet recipes, shakes and even coffee. In addition to its positive effects on satiety and energy levels, MCTs have been shown to help support healthy weight loss. I also notice a dramatic difference in focus and attention when I supplement with MCTs.
Now that we have our Undiet Shake ingredient list, we can build the recipe:
The Undiet Shake
Consume 1-2 servings per day, preferably first thing in the morning or between meals.
1. Mix the following ingredients with 10 to 12 ounces of cold water. For a “slushy” texture, mix in a blender with 4 to 5 ice cubes.
I’m excited for you to try this ““ the fruit punch flavored glutamine and Greens powder make a delicious, fruity combo ““ and the MCT Oil adds an element of creaminess that will make you look forward to dieting!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this recipe, experiences with dieting or suggestions for upgrades to the Undiet Shake Recipe. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.