Chickpea lovers unite! If you can’t get enough of falafel or your favorite snack is veggies with hummus, these vegan stuffed peppers are going to be your new obsession. Instead of the traditional meat, cheese and rice fillings often associated with stuffed peppers, this recipe calls for chickpeas, artichoke hearts and falafel seasonings, creating a Middle Eastern spin on the popular dish.
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Garbanzo Bean Flour
1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. coriander
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 cans artichoke hearts, chopped
1 16-oz. can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
20 medium sweet bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- De-stem bell peppers and slice off tops or sides in order to create openings to insert stuffing mixture.
- In food processor, combine everything except bell peppers and blend until paste just begins to form. Keep it somewhat chunky; don’t blend until perfectly smooth.
- Spoon 1 to 3 Tbsp. of mixture into each pepper, depending on size.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until filling and peppers just begin to brown.