Busy weeknights often lead to less-than-stellar dinners. Whether serving the whole family or eating solo, you might think picking up takeout or heating a pre-packaged, frozen meal are your only options. But both solutions are lacking in taste and quality. The next time your tight schedule limits your food choices, turn to this quick, easy and nutrient-rich salad. Coming together in 10 minutes or less, this kelp noodle salad is tossed in a homemade peanut sauce for a dish that’s both healthy and packed with flavor.
10-Minute Kelp Noodle Salad with Homemade Peanut Sauce
- Prep noodles by washing them as instructed on the package.
- In a small bowl, make the peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and garlic.
- Massage peanut sauce into the washed noodles.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
- To spice up the flavor, add other ingredients, including red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, sesame seeds and grated ginger.
- For a larger salad, toss kelp noodles with ½ head chopped lettuce, 2 grated carrots and 1 diced beet. Or, serve with any of your favorite salad greens and toppings.