Sipping on a sweet libation has a tendency to trigger hunger signals, which is why you mindlessly reach for the nearest snack food. But instead of digging into a bowl of mixed nuts or plate of French fries, you could be reaching for a cocktail-inspired guacamole. This guac-tail avocado dip was inspired by a classic mojito and tastes just as refreshing. You’ll recognize the sweet agave, hint of lime, muddled mint and light rum. It’s the official snack of fun.
- Peel and de-seed avocados. Scoop into a large bowl.
- In a mortar and pestle, combine agave, coconut lime juice, rum and mint leaves. Muddle together for a minute or two to release the mint flavor.
- Pour liquid mixture into large bowl with avocados and mash together until well combined. Mash to your desired guacamole consistency – creamy, chunky or somewhere in between.
- Fold in onion and top off with fresh lime juice and pinch of pink salt. Stir to combine one last time.
- Serve with lightly salted chips of your choosing. See a few good options below…
|Late July Sea Salt Multigrain Tortilla Chips||Garden of Eatin’ Blue Chips||Samai Plantain Chips||Enjoy Life Plentils Original Sea Salt||Luke’s Organic Brown Rice Chips|