A scary fact: Americans gobble up 90 million pounds of chocolate at Halloween time. Even scarier? Along with the rich, sweet stuff comes a bunch of artificial ingredients, colors, preservatives and other gunk that turn treats into tricks on your health. But this horror story has a happy ending. You can make your own yummy candy with, 100% good-for-you, all-natural ingredients, like cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil and crunchy almonds. These balls are simply… pure joy!
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a food processor, combine all all filling ingredients; pulse until well mixed.
- Shape filling into twelve mini balls. Place them in a baking dish. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine all coating ingredients.
- Dip each ball in coating mixture and place back into the baking dish.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes.