It’s date night, and you two chose to keep it simple. You opted for a homemade meal and lots of cuddling on the couch. But let’s not forget dessert. While you’re deciding between a romantic comedy or 80s classic, throw together a couples-only treat that’s as sweet and fresh as your relationship. This custard pie brings together the gusto of lemons and gentle softness of almonds for an unlikely pairing that somehow makes perfect sense. Sound familiar?
Almond-Lemon Custard Pie for Two
Makes 1 pie / 2 servings
Macros per pie: 392 calories | 44 g protein | 15 g net carbs
1 Quest Vanilla Almond Crunch Bar
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 Tbsp. Sweet It Vitafiber IMO
1 tsp. sliced almonds
5.3 oz. Yoplait Greek Lemon Yogurt
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. cinnamon
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 4- to 6-inch shallow tart tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- On a greased plate, microwave Quest Bar for 15 seconds. Press melted bar into prepared tart tin, forming a crust.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, microwave Sweet It and lemon juice for 30 seconds. Stir in protein powder, yogurt and vanilla, mixing until smooth and combined.
- Remove cooled crust from tart tin and fill with lemon custard. Top with sliced almonds and lemon zest.