Fitness is your life. Cardio and lifting are some of your favorite pastimes. You know that your diet is as crucial to your goals as your time in the gym. Your diet isn’t about restrictions, it’s about eating in abundance, but focusing on good-for-you foods to fuel your body. Snacks and desserts usually don’t meet your health standards, but your sweet tooth doesn’t seem to care. When a craving strikes, opt for a simple and delicate almond cookie, made from raw almonds, coconut flour and protein powder. These light, crumbly cookies are the perfect treat before or after a tough workout.
Almond Protein Cookies
Macros per cookie: 58 calories | 1.4 g net carbs | 3.5 g protein
1 cup raw almonds, ground
½ cup Sweet It Powder
1 scoop Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl Protein Powder
1 jumbo egg
1/3 cup egg whites
¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Flour
1-2 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
Slivered almonds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except for slivered almonds.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon for each cookie and drop onto prepare baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Less time makes for chewier cookies.
- Top with slivered almonds, if desired.