Introducing your baby to new foods can be an exciting but slightly overwhelming process. If you start with purees, you can easily and safely expose her to a multitude of different fruits and vegetables. Bonus? You’ll see smiles and maybe even giggles when you start imitating train sounds and zig-zagging the spoon. This baby food recipe introduces your little one to sweet, delicious carrot puree and herbs. She’s sure to love it, so it’s time to start practicing your choo-choo sounds!
Makes 14 Tbsp.
4 medium carrots, peeled and cut in half
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Pinch pink salt
Pinch black pepper
Pinch dried thyme
Baby feeding spoons
Baby suction bowls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss carrots with olive oil and spices. Make sure to coat evenly.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- To puree, once carrots have cooled, place in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, adding about 4-5 Tbsp. water as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- To freeze in ice cube tray, place 1 Tbsp. puree in tray, cover and freeze.
- To serve frozen puree, place in bowl and mix with 1-2 Tbsp. breastmilk or formula before giving to baby.
Note: Alternatively, instead of pureeing, carrots can be cut into small chunks or thin sticks for toddlers and babies following baby-led weaning respectively.