If you’re vegan, you’ve likely heard someone say, “I would become a vegan if it weren’t for cheese.” Or, “I could never be a vegetarian; I love bacon too much!” Who says you have to give up your favorite foods to live a healthy and compassionate lifestyle? The trick is learning to make plant-based alternatives even more delicious than their traditional counterparts. Bonus? These versions are also made from clean ingredients and much better for you! That’s why I love this Bacon and Cheese Pasta recipe. It’s full of some of my favorite alternative recipes: cashew cream, crispy fake bacon and vegan cheese. Together, they create a melt-in-your-mouth combination that will make even meat lovers drool.
Bacon & Cheese Pasta (Vegan)
Makes 8 servings
- Prepare recipes for cashew cream, bacon and cheese sauce ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but remove about halfway through to avoid overcooking later.
- When finished, drain pasta, keeping about a quarter cup of water. Add oil to pot to keep pasta from sticking.
- In the pot, combine pasta with cheese sauce and bacon to pot and stir until fully incorporated. Pour cheese pasta into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with extra bacon and cashew cream, if desired.