Raise your hand if eating more fruits and vegetables made your resolutions list for 2015. You’re in good company! When peeling, chopping, topping or blending starts to get boring, think outside the salad bowl and smoothie cup. Baked fruit – without a pastry crust layer or spoonfuls of added sugar – is a healthy and deceptively indulgent way to add an extra serving or two to your day. The natural sweetness of pears pairs perfectly with cinnamon, coconut oil and chewy walnuts in this quick-and-easy dessert.
Baked Cinnamon Pears With Walnuts & Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut pears in half and scoop out seeds using melon baller or measuring spoon.
- Arrange pears on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle pears with cinnamon, top with walnuts and drizzle on coconut oil.
- Bake pears for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.