Pizza, chips, fries—oh my! Cravings may strike but, sadly, you can’t always eat what you want. While you’d love to live off of junk food, your healthy diet can’t handle that greasy, fatty or fried fare. That’s why you need a crunchy, diet-friendly snack to enjoy between meals, like these cheesy kale chips. As it turns out, these baked and seasoned leafy greens will satisfy your junk food needs.
Baked Vegan Kale Chips
1½ – 2 bunches of organic kale
1 Tbsp. organic virgin coconut oil
Dehydrated onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wash kale and tear the leaves off the stems and into large pieces. (They will shrink almost half in size, so keep the pieces big.) Dry kale.
- In a large bowl, massage kale with coconut oil for 1-2 minutes, until evenly distributed.
- On a large baking sheet, spread out kale and top with seasonings.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then shake pan or flip chips. Continue to bake for another 15 minutes, until crispy.