Bored of spiralizing, sautéing and grilling zucchinis? Spruce up your squash game with this nearly effortless recipe for crispy, flavorful zucchini chips. This snack-worthy creation is a perfect addition to your kiddo’s healthy school lunch — plus, you’ll love it too! The best part about making your own chips is that you’re eliminating questionable ingredients often found in processed, store-bought versions. Score! Feeling adventurous? Add your favorite spices such as chili powder or paprika and serve with your favorite dairy-free cheese dip!
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with wire cooling racks and top with parchment paper (the racks help with air circulation during baking).
2. Dab zucchini rounds with towel to absorb extra moisture.
3. Lay rounds on top of parchment paper, leaving enough space in between them so they will crisp up nicely.
4. Spray tops of zucchini rounds lightly with oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper (they will shrink up so don’t over season).
5. Bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, flipping half way between. Check frequently to make sure smaller rounds don’t burn. Remove if needed.
6. Once golden brown and crispy, remove from oven and let cool. Chips will continue to crisp as they cool down.