You’ve finished a perfectly portioned dinner and now you’ve got a hankering for something sweet. Instead of digging into the half pint of frozen cream leftover from your sister’s last visit, opt for a low-calorie, high-protein delicacy. This Banana Protein Ice Cream, with only 140 calories and over 13 grams of protein, will quench your cravings without throwing your daily macros out of whack. Keeping you food goals in check, now that’s worthy of a reward! A scoop of ice cream, perhaps?
Banana Nut Protein Ice Cream
Macros per serving (3/4 cup): 140 calories | 14 g net carbs | 13.4 g protein
2 scoops Quest Banana Cream Protein Powder
1 Quest Banana Nut Muffin Protein Bar, diced
¾ cup Swerve Confectioner’s Style Erythritol
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups fat-free half & half
5 oz. peeled banana
1 cup Silk Cashew Milk
1/8 tsp. maple extract
Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Prep ahead by freezing ice cream maker bowl.
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ice cream ingredients, except for diced protein bar.
- Pour mixture into frozen ice cream maker bowl and churn for 25-30 minutes until you’ve reached desired consistency. In the last few minutes, add in diced protein bar.
- If desired, serve with optional toppings.
- Optional toppings are not included in macros.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour blended mixture into a casserole dish and freeze. Stir every 40-45 minutes until you reach desired consistency.
- Feel free to banana or vanilla extract in place of maple, if desired. Both banana and vanilla make good alternates.
If you’re hungry for more, download our sweet and healthy desserts recipe e-book.