Elvis sure loved his fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Who could blame him? The combination of natural sweetness, bold nuts and a pinch of salt is enough to make anyone’s hips shake with a hunk, a hunk of burning love. Unfortunately, to burn off all those calories, you’d need to dance for days. Keep the pounds off your hips, thighs and belly with a banana and peanut butter oatmeal cookie. Made using oats, honey crystals and powdered peanut butter, these treats are king on flavor with much less fat. Now that’s something to sing about.
Banana & Peanut Butter Protein Oatmeal Cookies
Makes a dozen cookies
Peanut Butter Icing:
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, ricotta cheese and banana until smooth.
- Add remaining cookie ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream scooper, divide batter evenly into 12 cookies.
- Place cookies on sheet pan and bake 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- While in the oven, prepare peanut butter icing: In a small bowl, whisk together all icing ingredients until smooth.
- Once cookies are baked and cooled, spoon icing on top of each cookie. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to allow icing to harden and set. Enjoy!