You could serve a side of roasted squash. You could serve roasted Brussels sprouts. You could even serve greens topped with festive and flavorful pomegranate arils. But there’s no need to crowd the table with a myriad of similar dishes; instead, offer your guests a side dish that combines all of their favorites. This acorn and butternut squash salad is topped with homemade apple cider vinaigrette, candied pecans, coconut “bacon” bits and pomegranate to make the ultimate cozy salad. It’s perfect for a feast or even just a night at home snuggled under a warm blanket. Enjoy!
1 large butternut squash, skinned and chopped
1 large acorn squash, sliced
3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 cup Crispy Fake Bacon Bits
Pomegranate seeds, to top
Salt and pepper, to taste
Apple cider vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange squash and sprouts on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pecans. Over medium-high heat in small saucepan, toast pecans for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients and stir for 15-20 seconds until pecans are coated. Transfer to parchment paper to cool.
- Prepare vinaigrette. Combine all ingredients in blender and pulse until smooth. Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate until use.
- To assemble salad, combine squash and sprouts in large bowl. Top with fake bacon bits, candied pecans, pomegranate seeds and vinaigrette. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Note: Make a large batch of candied pecans and use for multiple meals or as a snack.