Mother knows best – or does she? You’d hate to pick a fight, but her go-to recipe for classic lasagna may have to go. Loaded with carbs and calories, her version passed when you were ten, but now your healthier diet has higher standards. Offer Mom some advice (and a plate!) and serve her this delicious, vegan and gluten-free lasagna instead. Lentil noodles are filled with cashew cream cheese and rolled up to create a fun, unique presentation of your childhood favorite. Please note: We do not recommend saying “I told you so!” when Mom takes a bite and loves it.
Cashew Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil lasagna sheets, careful to keep them separated by adding them into boiling water with tongs. Let them boil for 10-15 minutes, until soft by still firm enough to roll without tearing.
- While pasta cooks, prepare cashew cheese. In a blender, combine and process all ingredients until smooth.
- Drain pasta and lay each flat on baking tray. Add 2 Tbsp. cashew cheese to each lasagna sheet and spread it as a thin layer. Sprinkle with parsley and gently roll up each sheet, placing the fold at the bottom.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Serves with a drizzle of pasta sauce if desired.