You know what’s hot right now? Cauliflower. What makes it so hot? For starters, it has a goes-with everything flavor and transforms-into-anything texture. But if you really want to heat up a party, toss cauliflower florets with BBQ sauce and bake until crispy. Without a doubt, these vegan cauliflower hot wings will make jaws drop – either from the kick of spicy paprika and smoky tamari, or because you finally told them the wings are purely plant-based. Either way, consider it a win!
Macros per serving: 248.6 calories | 45.3 g carbs | 1.2 g fat | 17 g protein
1 cup sprouted lentil flour
3 cups chopped tomatoes
4 deglet noor dates or 2 Medjool dates
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. tamari
1 tsp. smoked paprika or chipotle powder
1 tsp. mustard powder
1 cup water
1 head cauliflower, cut into 2-inch florets (keep some of the stems)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- In a high-speed blender, add all ingredients except cauliflower florets. For easier mixing, add flour and tomatoes to the bottom, closest to the blade. Blend until smooth. Note: The sauce may still be a little bitter in its raw form.
- Pour the sauce into a large bowl. Add cauliflower florets and stir to coat florets completely.
- Spoon coated florets onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer, so they do not overlap.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until coating gets crisp.
- Let cool before serving.