If there’s one food fad we think has staying power, it’s brunch. It’s an excuse to get together with friends early in the day and freshly squeeze orange juice (and turn it into a bubbly morning cocktail, if you so desire). Plus, some of the best foods are breakfast foods: waffles, omelets, bacon, to name a few. With so much to love, it’s for sure you’re going to schedule more than a few brunch dates over the next few months. So, you should ready yourself with a few simple and delicious recipes, like this one! This gluten-free tart is an excellent addition to any brunch spread.
Cheesy Artichoke Filling
14 oz. artichoke hearts, thinly sliced (fresh, frozen or canned)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 4 oz)
1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated (about 2 oz), separated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (about 2 oz), separated
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8- or 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.
- First, prepare the crust. In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix in egg whites until fully combined. Evenly press crust mixture into the pie pan, lining the sides and flattening the bottom.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Add egg and mix until fully combined. Fold in artichokes, all of the mozzarella and half the asiago and parmesan cheeses.
- Transfer filling to pie pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle remaining halves of asiago and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden and has just begun to bubble.