Got chocolate? Some days, you need a little chocolate. When it’s time to give in to the cravings, make a dessert like this Chocolate Brownie Protein Cake. Made with pure and tasty ingredients, like coconut butter, pea protein and cocoa powder, this cake has all the rich, chocolaty flavor of brownies without any of the guilt. The frosting, a combination of protein powder, Greek yogurt and cream cheese, is equally scrumptious and sinless. Go ahead and get your chocolate on!
Chocolate Brownie Protein Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Macros per serving: 230 calories | 11.5 g net carbs | 20.4 g protein
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 scoop Vitacost Earth Blends Chocolate Pea Protein Powder
2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
7.5 oz. sweet potato, baked, peeled and mashed
¼ cup Sweet Spreads Chocolate Brownie Coconutter, melted
6 oz. Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
2 jumbo eggs
1/8 tsp. vanilla
1 Quest Cookie Dough Protein Bar, finely chopped
¼ cup Swerve Confectioners Style Erythritol
1 scoop Quest Vanilla Protein Powder
1/8 tsp. vanilla
7 oz. Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
4 oz. fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
Dark chocolate bar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all cake ingredients, except for the Quest bar. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into springform pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and gently push Quest bar bits into the top. Refrigerate cake to chill.
- Prepare frosting by mixing all ingredients, except for the chocolate bar, in a medium bowl. Frost chilled cake.
- If desired, scrape chocolate bar with a fork and top cake with shavings.
- Chill for several hours or up to overnight.