Zucchini bread and zucchini muffins are overdone, old news, maybe even obsolete. If they aren’t, they will be after you’ve tried this recipe. It’s a cross between a potato pancake and a chocolate chip cookie. Veggies just happen to sneak by, adding fiber, fluff and flavor. When your day starts with a stack of these flap-jacks, your mood (and energy level) will never fall flat.
Chocolate Chunk Zucchini & Sweet Potato Pancakes
Makes 6 pancakes
Macros for all 6: 349 calories | 49.2 g protein | 15.3 g net carbs
4 oz raw zucchini, diced
2 oz sweet potato, baked and peeled
1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
1 Quest Double Chocolate Chunk Protein Bar, cut into small pieces and divided into 6 piles
3 Tbsp. liquid egg whites
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of vanilla
Sugar-free pancake syrup for topping
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend all ingredients except Quest Protein Bar and pancake syrup. Process until smooth.
- Coat a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Drop ¼ cup batter onto greased pan, top with 1 pile of Quest Bar pieces and press them lightly into the batter. Cook until golden brown, flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter, about 6 pancakes.
- Top with syrup and indulge immediately!