Chocolate bunnies, marshmallow chicks and jelly beans might be traditional, but your Easter basket could definitely use a healthy boost. Still, who has extra time to whip up a nutritious treat? Holidays inevitably bring stress and chaos, so you don’t need to add to your already busy schedule. That’s why you need a quick, easy and Easter-Bunny-approved recipe. With only a handful of good-for-you ingredients, you can whip up these protein-packed cookies before the egg hunt is even over.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Eggs
1 Quest Cookie Dough Protein Bar, divided into 4 equal pieces
¼ scoop Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
2 Tbsp. So Delicious Cashew Milk, separated
1 Tbsp. Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
Food coloring, if desired
- Heat Quest Bar in a microwave for 10 seconds to soften.
- Separate into 4 equal pieces and form each into an oval egg shape. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon cashew milk. Microwave for 20 seconds or use a double boiler to heat together. Stir to combine and slowly pour over eggs until completely covered.
- In a separate small bowl, combine protein powder and remaining tablespoon of cashew milk. Stir until smooth, thick and fully incorporated.
- Transfer protein-cashew icing to a small plastic bag and add desired food coloring. Cut off the corner of the bag and decorate eggs as desired.