Your breakfast shouldn’t ruin your day – it should help you run it. So you’d assume peanut butter and chocolate chips would be off the list of performance-enhancing foods, but you’d be “O” so wrong. Even topped with a fudgy glaze, these sweet circles get an A-OK to start your day. Donuts: they do a body good.
Chocolate-Glazed Peanut Butter Donuts
Makes 8 donuts
Macros per donut: 93.5 calories | 8.2 g net carbs | 8.2 g protein
1 Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest Bar, broken into pieces
1 scoop Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cellucor Protein Powder
1/3 cup oat flour
½ cup ripe banana
48 (about 1 Tbsp.) stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ cup egg whites
10 drops toffee-flavored stevia
½ tsp. baking powder
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray (even if it’s a nonstick pan).
- In a small bowl, microwave the Quest Bar and almond milk for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- In a blender or food processor, mix banana and egg whites until smooth. Pour this into the melted Quest Bar mixture and stir well.
- Add protein powder, oat flour, stevia, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until well-combined.
- Pour into prepared donut pan and bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Let cool while you prepare the glaze.
- In a small bowl, heat glaze ingredients for 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Spread glaze on top of donuts. Decorate with more chocolate chips, if desired, and enjoy!