Walnuts, cherries, dark chocolate chips. Brownie batter mix-ins can be just about anything your heart desires and taste buds crave. But simply throwing in a cup of nuts or candy pieces isn’t enough. You want to take basic brownies to a whole new level. Adding creamy peanut butter, powdered peanut butter and peanut butter morsels creates a brownie that’s far from square and close to the best dessert you’ve ever devoured.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Chip Protein Brownies
Makes 16 brownies
Macros per brownie: 178 calories | 9.6 g protein | 19.2 g carbs | 8.9 g fat | 4.1 g sugar | 2.4 g fiber
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Certified Organic Smooth & Unsalted Peanut Butter
¾ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
5 egg whites
1 ¼ cups oat flour
½ cup almond flour
1 ½ scoops ARO Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Powdered Peanut Butter SLIM
½ cup Vitacost Xylitol
3 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
½ cup peanut butter morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 9” baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, combine peanut butter, milk and egg whites until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add remaining ingredients, except peanut butter morsels, stirring until well combined.
- Add wet mixture to bowl of dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in peanut butter morsels until incorporated throughout.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, smoothing down with a spoon. Bake 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing. Cut into 16 squares and serve warm. Enjoy!