Who isn’t a huge fan of chocolate brownies? Delicious and rich, the chocolaty treat satisfies even unruly and demanding cravings. Can it get any better? Sure! Take a bite of these Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies. In this recipe, your favorite brownies are combined with an understated classic—the peanut butter cookie. Side by side, the contrasting flavors form a perfect partnership—equal but not overlapping. Now that’s a dessert worthy of fanatic admiration.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies
Peanut Butter Batter
1-1/8 cups white rice flour
¾ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp. baking powder
Almond milk, as needed
1 banana, mashed
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- In medium bowl, combine all peanut butter ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all chocolate ingredients. Keep the batter separate. Use a mixer to knead the dough.
- Wrap the each dough separately and place in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out each dough between two separate sheets of plastic wrap to a rectangular shape about 1/4–inch thick. (If the dough it soft, transfer both to a cookie sheet and chill for an additional 20 minutes.)
- Remove the top layer of plastic wrap, leaving the bottom layer. Picking the dough up by the plastic wrap, flip one dough on top of the other, and remove the top layer of wrap.
- Roll dough together tightly, gently peeling back the bottom layer of plastic wrap.
- Rewrap the combined dough, covering completely, and place in the freezer to chill until firm. Leave overnight if necessary.
- Once dough is firm, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap dough and cut into slices about ¼ to 1/3 inches thick. Place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown.