Love is in the air, so it seems appropriate to have chocolate on your lips–and in your belly. Unfortunately, a serving of chocolate usually comes with a helping of guilt. But not anymore! This Valentine’s Day, surprise your sweetie with these guilt-free chocolate cupcakes. Each rich, chocolaty cake sets you back only 129 calories and provides over 8 grams of protein.
Chocolate Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
Makes 10 cupcakes
Macros per cupcake: 129 calories | 4 g net carbs | 8.5 g protein
1 Quest Double Chocolate Chunk Protein Bar, diced into bits
1 scoop Quest Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
1/3 cup Swerve Granular Erythritol
¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 jumbo egg
1 cup So Delicious Cashew Milk
¼ cup Sweet Spreads Chocolate Brownie Coconutter, softened
3 Tbsp. Swerve Confectioner’s Style Erythritol
3.5 oz. Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
1 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
Sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin. After filling, place ceramic pie crust weights or marbles in each cup to form cupcake into a heart shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, stir together erythritol, Greek yogurt and cream cheese. Mix until smooth.
- When cupcakes have finished baking and cooled completely, frost with yogurt mixture and top with sprinkles, if using.