To bake or not to bake? It’s totally your call. These little bites of whole-food energy are as perfect served warm and toasty as they are on a spoon, straight out of the mixing bowl. Every ingredient is safe to savor raw and was carefully thought out to guarantee you’re getting up-and-go nutrients in their purest, cleanest form. So…to eat now or later?
Chocolate-Walnut Energy Bites
Makes 16 bites
Macros per bite: 82 calories | 2.9 g protein | 14.6 g carbs | 1.9 g fat | 7.8 g sugar | 2 g fiber
Drizzle (optional): no-sugar-added dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Coat foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl with water, soak dates for 10 minutes. Drain dates.
- In a food processor, add walnuts and pulse into a fine crumble.
- Add dates to food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, except rolled oats, and blend until completely smooth and well combined. Scrape the sides of the food processor bowl a few times to make sure the mixture is completely incorporated.
- Spoon batter into a medium bowl, add oats and stir well. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to set and let flavors come together.
- Remove and roll batter into balls, using about 2 tablespoons per ball. Repeat to make about 16 energy bites.
- Place rolled balls onto baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store for snacking throughout the week.