“I’ll just have a bite.” Who are you kidding? You could maybe stop at a single taste of your S.O.’s sandwich (mostly out of courtesy). But when the dessert table is staring you down, the brain starts sending “feed me” signals. The only way to keep a lid on indulging (and on your sweet tooth), is to choose these doughy, chocolate chip balls. One bite goes a long way. But in case you can’t resist, it won’t hurt to have a few bites – each is only 56 calories.
Coconut Cream Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
Makes 26 servings
Macros per serving: 56 calories | 3.1 g protein | 5.7 g carbs | 2.1 g fat | 1.9 g sugar | 1.3 g fiber
½ cup light coconut milk
3 egg whites
1 ½ scoops vanilla whey protein powder
2/3 cup oat flour
¼ cup coconut flour
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk and egg whites until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or melon scoop, drop cookie dough onto prepared sheet pan. Repeat until all batter is used up, about 26.
- Bake 8 – 12 minute. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Baking note: If you substitute the coconut flour for another flour, be sure to use more of the substitute than what the recipe calls for. Coconut flour absorbs a lot of moisture, so you don’t need as much.