It’s not a sprinkle. Or a downpour. This is a dessert storm of epic proportions – an absolute avalanche of chocolaty, creamy, gooey, chewy goodness that blasts your taste buds with cold, sweet satisfaction. But unlike similar restaurant indulgences, this one won’t take down your diet or your clean-eating approach. It 100% raw and vegan, with healthy swap-ins like sprouted almond butter, dates, carob chips and coconut shreds in place of overly processed, high-fat, high-calorie ingredients.
4 frozen bananas
Dash of cinnamon
1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Combine all cookie dough ingredients (except carob nibs) in food processor and pulse to a dough-like consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in carob nibs.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine all ice cream ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie dough and ice cream; stir to combine. (If you prefer cookie dough “chunks,” shape into balls before mixing into ice cream.)
- Top ice cream with a drizzle (or, as you can see in this image, a lot) of almond butter and sprinkle with carob nibs and shredded coconut.