You’ve got goals to lean out and become fitter than ever. But if you want those lofty aspirations to last past January, you’re going to need a clean diet that can stand the test of time. To be sustainable, it’ll need to be realistic. That may mean not giving up sweets. Seriously. These 100-calories brownies will keep you in (pepper)mint condition all year long, so you really don’t have to sacrifice the (no-added-sugar) sugary stuff.
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Protein Brownies
Makes 16 brownies Macros per brownie: 107 calories | 8.1 g protein | 15 g carbs | 3.2 g fat | 1.6 g sugar | 2 g fiber
½ cup sweet potato puree(or pumpkin puree)
1 Tbsp. peppermint extract
½ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
2 scoops ARO Chocolate Whey Protein Complex Powder
1 cup oat flour
½ cup almond flour
½ cup Vitacost Xylitol
¼ cup Vitacost Organic Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. peppermint chips or crushed peppermint Vitacost Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients until completely smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, except crushed peppermint, and stir until batter is well combined and smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- Spoon brownie batter into prepared baking pan and smooth down, making sure batter covers the bottom of the pan entirely. Sprinkle crushed peppermint on top.
- Bake 24-28 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let cool about 45 minutes before slicing into 16 even squares. Serve warm, so they’re nice and gooey!