Is your mind set on food the second you finish a tough workout? Refueling should certainly be a high priority, but your muscles need another kind of love right now – the physical kind. Take the extra five or 10 minutes to stretch, roll and rub yourself to recovery. This homemade sore-muscle salve serves as a refreshing reminder to sit and bask in the glory of all your hard work. Gently massage the eucalyptus-infused solution into tender spots to thank your muscles for hanging in there – ‘til the very last set!
DIY Muscle Recovery Rub
- Fill a small saucepan a third of the way with water and put on stove over medium-high heat.
- Place a glass bowl on top of saucepan. Add coconut oil, beeswax beads and shea butter to bowl, stirring together.
- Keep mixture over heat, stirring occasionally, until beeswax beads are completely dissolved (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir one more and let cool until mixture begins to re-solidify. Color will be slightly opaque.
- Add essential oils to opaque mixture, stirring to combine.
- Spoon mixture into an airtight container, such as a small glass jar, and store in a cool, dry place.
To use, gently massage about a tablespoon of rub over sore muscles. Repeat as needed.