Staying healthy doesn’t have to mean skipping dessert. Sometimes cravings sneak up on you, and trying to ignore them could lead to devouring the next full-fat, dairy-based dessert you come across. Instead, when you need something sweet and creamy, eat one of these decadent Double Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie Bites. Made from simple, pure ingredients, each bite is deliciously rich with tropical, chocolaty goodness that won’t destroy your diet. They can be made up to a month in advance, so you can be prepared for those cravings whenever they strike.
Double Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie Bites
3 Tbsp. coconut sugar or maple syrup
3-4 Tbsp. cacao powder
½ tsp. vanilla bean powder or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
2.2 oz. Aloha Dark Superfood Chocolate, melted
1 can coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
Aloha Dark Superfood Chocolate, grated
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners or use a silicone mold. Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to use for the cream later.
- First, prepare a flax “egg.” In a small bowl, combine flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir and set aside to thicken.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse almonds until almost smooth. Add flax egg, raisins and coconut and process until fully incorporated, adding more water if necessary.
- Transfer mixture to muffin pan, using 1 tablespoon for each cup. Press down on each mixture with the back of a spoon to flatten. Place tray in freezer to set.
- Remove the chilled mixing bowl and coconut milk from fridge. Pour the coconut milk into the bowl and mix with a mixer on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour in coconut sugar, cacao powder, vanilla and melted chocolate. Mix on medium-high speed until fully combined, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Remove muffin tray from freezer. Use a 1-inch scoop to transfer mixture to muffin tray. Add two 1-inch scoops for each cup. Place tray in freezer for at least 30 minutes for bites to firm up.
- Serve almost frozen with some chocolate shavings and coconut shreds on top. Store leftovers covered in the freezer for up to one month. Thaw leftovers in fridge 30 minutes before serving.