Looking for a gluten-free breakfast recipe that will make your mouth water? When you’re so over oatmeal, whip up a stack of these delicious buckwheat pancakes. Made with hearty buckwheat flour, these pancakes will come together in a jiffy. Top these flapjacks with nuts, cranberries and calorie-free caramel syrup for a breakfast you’ll want to make again and again.
Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pancakes
Makes 7-8 pancakes
2 Tbsp. chopped almonds
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
1 Tbsp. dried cranberries
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup buckwheat flour
½ cup milk
¼ cup Walden Farms Calorie-Free Caramel Syrup
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F and put a teaspoon of butter to grease.
- In a medium bowl, mix all pancake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle. When bubbles appear on batter, flip and cook the other side. Repeat for the remainder of the batter.
- Prepare the topping. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the syrup and pour over the finished pancakes.
- To serve, sprinkle with almonds, walnuts and cranberries.