For our fellow taco enthusiasts out there, here’s another winning recipe to add to your taco Tuesday menu queue. This time, hold the sour cream, cheese, beans and guacamole (OK, who are we kidding? We love guac—keep the guac). This taco recipe calls for cabbage, Mojo-marinated shredded pork and spicy sauce topped with fresh, lime-soaked cilantro and onions. Stuff all these tasty ingredients in a warmed grain-free taco shell and you’ve got a meal worth crunching!
Side note: If you love guacamole just as much as we do, click here to make our sweet & salty guac-tail dip recipe made with agave and rum (it’s the best)!
12 taco shells
4 lbs. pork shoulder
10-oz. bottle Mojo marinade
6 Tbsp. California Olive Ranch Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
1/2 onion, minced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
Hot sauce, to taste
Kosher salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- On cutting board, rub pork shoulder liberally with salt and pepper.
- In slow cooker, place pork skin side up and pour in marinade. Cook thoroughly.
- Once cooked, remove pork and all but around 1/4 liquid. Place pork back in slow cooker and shred into pieces using two forks.
- In cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté cabbage, salt and pepper; cook until desired.
- In bowl, combine cilantro, onion and lime juice.
- In oven, warm taco shells. When ready, fill each shell with cabbage, pork, cilantro-onion mixture and top with hot sauce.
Additional cooking tip: Garnish with diced avocadoes, tomatoes, additional herbs or your favorite veggies.