Sweet summer fruit stands perfectly well on its own, but for some stone varieties, a quick turn on the grill brings out the absolute best in flavor. All it takes is five minutes for sliced peach wedges to soften and slightly smoke, creating texture and taste you’ll want to enjoy all season long. Often paired with ice cream, cake, crepes or waffles, these grilled gems also brighten savory dishes and add excellence to fresh, crisp salads. Try them in this recipe with a rich, homemade blue cheese dressing.
Grilled Peach Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Serves 2 as main course, 4 as side dish
2 heads butter lettuce (Boston lettuce), torn into pieces
3 peaches, quartered
Olive oil or avocado oil, for brushing
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Coat peaches with oil. Grill peaches, flesh side facing down, for about five minutes, rotating once, until flesh is soft and grill marks appear.
- In blender, combine all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. (Note: Do not over blend dressing; add additional almond milk 1 Tbsp. at a time, if needed, to thin.)
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, peaches and dressing; toss. Or, plate lettuce and peaches and drizzle with dressing.
- Try adding hard-boiled eggs, or your favorite protein, to make this salad into a main course.