Peaches and cream? Sure, they’re a great pair. But it’s time to kick up your sliced fruit and whipped cream dessert. Start by grilling the peaches. It only takes a few minutes and creates a rich, bold flavor. You’ll also want to whip up your own vegan coconut cream. Make a big batch and add it to desserts, other fruits, smoothies and eat it straight off the spoon. The next step to punch up those peaches? Sweet, maple-roasted pecans for a bit of crunch. In the end, you’ll find that peaches and cream (and pecans!) actually taste best as a trio.
Grilled Peaches with Maple Pecans & Vegan Whipped Cream
4 peaches, halved or quartered
Fresh mint, to garnish
- First, prepare whipped cream. Set mixing bowl and beater in freezer for 10 minutes.
- When bowl is nicely chilled, add in solid pieces of coconut milk. (Save liquid for another use: baked goods, smoothies, etc.) Whip milk until smooth, then add in maple syrup and vanilla powder. Continue whipping until fully combined and stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
- Prepare the pecans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss together all ingredients and spread out evenly onto baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes. Turn off oven and let pecans sit in oven for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool and harden. Crush into small pieces, if desired.
- To assemble the peaches, heat grill pan to medium-high. Add a light coating of oil, if necessary.
- Reduce heat to medium and place each peach face down. Let cook for 6-8 minutes. If they start to burn or smoke, reduce heat and flip them over. After cooking, let them cool in the pan (about 8 minutes).
- Place peaches on plate and top with a dollop of whipped cream and pecans. Garnish with fresh mint.
If you’re hungry for more, download our vegan recipe book.