Eating vegan or plant-based doesn’t have to mean missing out on smoky, delicious grilled foods. Along with go-to vegetable skewers, make this grilled romaine lettuce salad. Not sure about grilled greens? Don’t worry, this recipe is not just a head of romaine! With tangy beet vinaigrette, creamy macadamia nut cheese crumbles, crunchy walnuts and tart cranberries, this grilled salad is a fulfilling explosion of flavors. Get your grill ready for greatness!
Macadamia Nut Cheese
- Prepare nut cheese. In a blender, combine all ingredients and process until desired texture, leaving small chunks, if desired. Form mixture into balls.
- Set grill to medium-high.
- Cut romaine into four quarters and shake off any loose pieces.
- Brush the dressing on the open of each leaf.
- Place each romaine heart on grill for about 5 minutes or until slightly charred.
- To serve, top with walnuts, cranberries and nut cheese.