You’ll be up for another couple hours. You’ll feel like you’ve instantly added five more pounds. You’re too full to think about food. Sugar cravings come with all sorts of remorse. Unfortunately, when you need a hard stop on sweets, it often becomes a fight within yourself. Your willpower is probably no weakling, but it may have a few weak moments. In those times of need, reach for the lower-in-sugar, higher-in-protein gingerbread cookie that not only quells cravings, but can gingerly treat your ego and waistline. No regrets!
Gingerly Gingerbread Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
Macros per serving: 112 calories | 4.9 g protein | 9.3 g carbs | 6.4 g fat | 3.9 g sugar | 1 g fiber
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add coconut sugar, molasses and egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in coconut oil to molasses mixture until smooth and combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until batter is well combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, drop balls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with additional coconut sugar, if desired, and bake 10 minutes. Cookies should be golden and crisp all over.