We’re halfway through Hanukkah, so now is the perfect time to pull out the potatoes and fry up everyone’s favorite treat – latkes!
This healthier version of a classic latke recipe calls for vitamin-A-rich sweet potatoes and uses a quick pan-frying method with coconut oil. The result? Deliciousness!
Crispy Coconut Sweet Potato Latkes
3 small to medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled/grated
¼ cup sweet yellow onion, minced
1 tsp. Frontier Organic Ground Cinnamon
3 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
½ tsp. Hain Pure Foods Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. FunFresh Foods Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
1 large egg, beaten
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (for frying)
1. In large bowl, mix together grated potatoes, onion, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and egg.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
3. To form each latke, drop 2 spoonfuls of sweet potato mixture into pan and flatten to make pancake shape.
4. Cook until golden brown, approx. 3-5 minutes per side.
5. Serve warm and top with Santa Cruz Apple Cinnamon Sauce.