Pour out the milk. It may not be sour, but your cereal doesn’t need it any more. No-bake peanut butter cereal bars are even better than a big bowl of O’s – and easier to eat! This healthy recipe offers lots of whole grains and very little calories per serving. All it takes is 30 minutes on Sunday night to mix, pour and set in the fridge. Breakfast to go, anyone?
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Makes 24 bars
Macros per serving: 124 calories | 4.5 g protein | 15.7 g carbs | 5.1 g fat | 7.7 g sugar | 1.8 g fiber
4 cups toasted whole grain oat cereal
1-1/4 cup Vitacost Rolled Oats
¾ cup Vitacost Organic Smooth & Unsalted Peanut Butter
2 scoops ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1 cup water
¾ cup Vitacost NaturSweet with Coconut Nectar (or ½ cup honey)
1 tsp. Vitacost Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and oats. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine peanut butter, protein powder, water, coconut nectar and vanilla extract. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peanut butter is melted and mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal/oats and mix well, until cereal and oats are coated.
- Spoon mixture into greased 11” x 7” baking dish or onto a cookie sheet. Gently press down and spread out evenly.
- Move bars to fridge and let set for at least 1 hour.
- Remove and slice into 24 squares when ready to serve.