Neighbors, coworkers, your kids’ teachers, the mail carrier, the mechanic—your holiday giving list is a mile long, but you want each recipient to open something special. It isn’t too late in the game for homemade! Grab some cookie tins but leave the flour, sugar and sprinkles on the shelf. A simple honey glaze with a pinch of spice turns ordinary mixed nuts into an elegant gourmet gift.
Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts
Makes 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cover baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Spray large saucepan with non-stick spray. Add all ingredients except nuts and 3 tsp. rosemary Cook over medium heat until mixture becomes syrupy, stirring often.
- Add nuts and stir to coat.
- Spread nuts on baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake nuts for 10 minutes, then remove oven and mix. Return nuts to oven and bake for 10 more minutes, then remove and stir again. Return nuts to oven, and bake for 5 additional minutes.
- Remove nuts from oven and mix in remaining 2 tsp. rosemary and let cool.
- Break nut mixture into clusters. Store in an airtight container.